Kids Say: 1.0

Even before I was a teacher, I loved hearing "school stories" about kids and their innate cuteness.  But it took me a while after I became a teacher to realize that not everyone enjoyed hearing my "school stories" as much as I enjoyed telling them. Oh, they smiled and graciously "laughed," but I knew that they didn't appreciate it as much as I did...

So part of the reason I started this blog was to have an outlet for sharing my school stories. For those people like me that never get tired of hearing funny things 6 and 7 year olds say.   Every time I told my mom a school story, she would say over and over, "You really need to write this stuff down!" So I am.  8 years later, I finally am writing these things down.

Here's the first installment of...

January was a short month for me in the classroom: Christmas break, 3 snow days, 2 meetings, 1 sick day with my baby and 4 days of not being in the classroom because my intern was solo teaching... So less time in the classroom, means less kid quotes.  But I think I still had a few gems this month...

After 8--yes 8!--snow days from December through the first week in January, one of my little boys said...
...why, yes, sweetie it does. Apparently Mother Nature wanted us to have a do-over...

Mr. brought my lunch by school {I left it at home} so I wouldn't starve. When he walked in our classroom, I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.  One of my kids said in her best surprised voice, 
 ...*singing* I kissed a BOY and I liked it...

It's literally 13 degrees outside with a windchill of 0 and I hear, "Mrs. Shaddock, 
...No.Words...

Heard repeatedly this month:


...it's an all-time favorite.  Even if I am the only first grade teacher they've ever had.  It's the reason I come back to school each day...


No comments

Back to Top